What is Comprehensive or "Comp" Coverage on an Auto Policy

Comprehensive coverage on an auto policy pays for incidents that happen to your automobile other than an actual Collision. A simpler way for me to keep it straight is Comprehensive or "Comp" pays for  Fire, Theft, Vandalism, or Window breakage. This type of coverage is usually written as a part of a "Full Coverage" policy. Full Coverage is a term used to describe a policy that has Collision, Comprehensive coverage and may include Towing and Rental Coverage.

Auto Policies that have Comprehensive and Collision on them have Separated Deductibles for each of the coverage, and a lot of the time, the comprehensive deductible is lower than the collision deductible. If you make a car payment, you will usually be required to carry this kind of coverage in order to satisfy the financial institute that has financed your car and to protect them from losses to the vehicle from Fire, Theft, Vandalism and Window Breakage.
 click on http://costcutterins.com/ for a "Full Coverage Auto Quote.

Posted Tuesday, June 23 2015 11:09 AM
Tags : Comprehensive, Comprehensive Coverage, Comprehensive coverage on an auto policy, Comp Coverage, Auto policy

Blog Comments

No Comments

Post a Comment





Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code


Click for More Blogs View More Blog Entries
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.